Acceptable Items To Bring To Treatment
We want your stay during your detox treatment to be as comfortable as possible, and we expect that you will bring some personal items that will help to enable your comfort. We would prefer, however, that all of your personal belongings fit into one carry-on size bag (with the exception of a favorite pillow). We also provide plenty of food including healthy snacks. So there is no need to bring outside food items to detox.
Items to bring with you for your detox treatment include the following:
- Enough appropriate clothing for 5 days. We have laundry facilities if your treatment stay is longer.
- Personal hygiene products that DO NOT contain alcohol
- Any prescription medications you are taking
- Athletic shoes and clothing for gym and yoga sessions
(need to be in original bottle with original label that includes doctor's name, name of medication, and dosage schedule)
- Electric Razor, blow dryer,
- Mp3 player with headphones (cellphones will not be allowed in treatment)
- Stamps and envelopes for writing letters
- Your own personal recovery books
- Socks, shoes, flip-flops, or slippers (footwear is required at all times)
- Coats, jackets, or sweatshirts depending upon the time of year
- Picture Identification
- If you smoke, enough cigarettes for a week. Store outings are on Saturdays
- A small amount of cash for items like cigarettes, sundries or any extra needed medications
- A smile and positive attitude, to prepare you for the better life that you deserve.
Items NOT To Bring
- ANYTHING containing alcohol or food items that contain sugar as a primary ingredient
- No personal Snacks
- Colognes, perfumes, or body sprays - most people become sensitive, sometimes nauseous, to these products while in treatment
- Athletic tank tops, revealing clothing, or revealing bathing suits
- Zippo or Butane lighter fuels or any other flammable liquids
- Inappropriate or pornographic material that is detrimental to recovery, such as magazines, pictures, DVDs, video tapes, etc.
- Clothing that depicts use, sales, promotion, or advertising of alcohol, drugs, or paraphernalia.
- Weapons of any kind - including pocket knives
- Cameras or any electronic device that contains a camera (like a cellphone or iPhone)
- Computers or any electronic device that can connect to the Internet
- Extension cords or power strips
- Soft drinks containing sugar including regular Coke or Pepsi and High octane/caffeine energy drinks
- Sunflower seeds or any snacks that contain sugar or high fructose corn syrup (most snack foods are prohibited in treatment)
- Automobiles are not allowed at anytime - we can help you with transportation to our program should you need it
Any valuable items should be left at home. While we can secure some of your personal belongings that you will not need in treatment, our storage space is limited.